Friday, May 07, 2010

WHY I AM A ROTARIAN

I am a Rotarian because a dear old primary school headmaster sought me out as a young country newspaper editor and invited me to join the Rotary Club of Parkes, NSW, Australia, many years ago. I have remained a Rotarian for 35 years because it did not take me long to realize that this unique vocationally based service organization provided the opportunity for ONE person to be part of an amazing humanitarian army doing special things in our world.  We heal the sick, care for the poor, provide basic literacy and numeracy skills, provide food and fresh water for the hungry, and  - in recent times - provide educational resources for a new breed of 'peace fighters' playing a major role in conflict resolution around our world.
I have great pride in Rotary's ongoing mentoring of young people and dedication to lifting ethics in business, and I draw daily inspiration from the knowledge that Rotary International impacts 33,000 communities throughout our world EVERY DAY!
PDG Bob Aitken AM, Managing Editor
 
Rotary Down Under Inc
Level 3
43 Hunter Street
Parramatta NSW 2150
Phone 61 2 9633 4888
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment