Friday, September 23, 2011

ARE YOU AN ALPHA MALE? HERE'S THE TEST

Masters of the Universe

In the work world, alpha males are ambitious, assertive, confident and competitive. Here's a quiz that helps define who's an alpha male:
Alpha Strengths
  • 1. No matter what, I don't give up until I reach my end goal.
  • 2. I always say exactly what I think.
  • 3. I have no problem challenging people.
  • 4. I make the decision I believe is correct, even when I know other people don't agree.
  • 5. I seldom have any doubts about my ability to deliver.
Alpha Risks
  • 6. I believe that my value is defined by the results I achieve.
  • 7. I don't care if my actions hurt people's feelings, if that's what's required to produce results.
  • 8. When people disagree with me, I often treat it as a challenge or an affront.
  • 9. If I have a good idea and I'm asked to hold off and listen to inferior ideas, I can quickly become visibly annoyed.
  • 10. People say I become curt, brusque, or frustrated when I have to repeat myself.
Scoring:
  • If all or nearly all of your responses to statements 1 to 5 were "yes," you are probably an alpha with many of the strengths that make alphas such dynamic and influential leaders.
  • If all or nearly all of your responses to items 6 to 10 were "yes," you mostly likely have some alpha risks that deserve your attention.
  • Don't be confused if you scored high in both categories. Because alpha liabilities are mainly alpha assets taken too far or applied inappropriately, that is to be expected. (The exceptions to the rule are healthy alphas who have worked hard to reduce their negative tendencies.)
Source: Kate Ludeman: Adapted from the 'Alpha Assessment' at www.WorthEthic.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment