Saturday, July 04, 2009

WHY I AM A ROTARIAN

My selection for the Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship was what introduced Rotary to me.

An initial impression of "just any other scholarship" soon changed into a world where Rotarians act voluntarily and with their care, love and affection I was attracted and entered into an ever-lasting relationship.

All throughout the scholarship period, the support and concern of the host Rotarians (Dist. 5890) was incredible and unprecedented.

Although I could easily continue my stay in the U.S., my moral commitment to R.I. and TRF compelled me to return to Pakistan.

I am glad that I honored my commitment. Now I am mentoring new ambassadorial scholars and also serving my community as an active Rotarian. The Ambassadorial Scholarships for Low Income Countries is a wonderful concept. I would love to add to it as much as possible.

Kamran I. Makhdoom,

KARACHI PAKISTAN, Rotary Club of Karachi Cosmopolitan, D- 3270

No comments:

Post a Comment