Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DIRTY STOVE TOP? READ ON

Photo by Quadell. Woodcarving by Donald Ellis ...Image via Wikipedia
Stoves are magnets for all manner of grease, splashes, and burnt on food. Before you power through the crust with a scouring pad, soften up gunk with this simple trick.


Over at Re-Nest, the home-centric blog, they highlight great way to get your stove stop sparkling without using potent chemical cleaners or wearing your elbow out scrubbing:
This is what I do when my stove gets a little crusty and thick with burnt-on stuff (hey, sometimes in the thick of things I just don't wipe it all up!). I boil water in the kettle, then dribble a very shallow layer of water over the entire stovetop. I let it sit for about five minutes to do its work and to cool off a bit. Then I go at the stove with a soft scrub pad or steel wool if necessary. The crusty stuff comes right off, and I finish up with just a bit of soap and a final rinse. Result: Sparkling clean stovetop!
You'll need to modify your approach for different kinds of stove tops. If you have a glass induction stove top, for example, you could place a rag on top of the burnt on crust and then pour a little boiling water on the rag to keep the moisture and heat on the grime.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment