Monday, November 09, 2009

WHY I AM A ROTARIAN

By: Amitabha Bajpayee

Why am I a Rotarian? In fact, it is to remember who lit the lamp. My good friend of youth Subra (M. Subramaniam) while playing a match of cricket asked me to attend a meeting of Rotaract at Kolkata and I did that very evening.
After a few meetings and then attending (volunteering) at medical camps at a slum in South Kolkata I found the entire process fulfilling, very interesting and satisfying.
When attending a District Conference at Dacca in 1981, I met so many and then added so many to my list of friends who shared common values to the duty of assisting others.
With a gap of a couple of years, going through my post graduation and services, I was again asked to attend a Rotary meeting at Durgapur by one senior person, Rabi Roy and since then (1997) I started finding myself well-fitted into Rotary.
Rotary has not only provided me selfless friends, but at the same time developed me better to interact with others in my vocation and social life.
Seniors in different profession have become my acquaintances and has provided me with a lot of confidence.
Organizing camps and visits to clubs abroad with my fellow members and attending the Convention and District Conference adds a lot to my self-satisfaction. Together we enjoy the important and worthwhile Rotary community work.
I feel confident when I discuss the importance of Rotary and also when I encourage others to join this great organization.
AMITABHA BAJPAYEE
DURGAPUR, WEST BENGAL, 713212, INDIA
ROTARY CLUB OF DURGAPUR STEEL CITY, DISTRICT: 3240
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment